Thursday, April 7, 2011

Reds, Sabres, and most certainly more.

4/7/2011 - Cincinnati Reds fans are higher than kites over the 5-0 start to the 2011 season. The Reds beat the Astros last night after being down 4-0 at one point. Edison Volquez is struggling in the early innings and then settling down in the later ones. Edison pitched 5 innings giving up 5 hits 5 walks 4 earned runs, and struck out 8. WOW! The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly all in one outing, but still got the "W". The Reds battery had 14 hits, not one being a homerun, and still scored 12 runs. Standouts at the plate were Brandon Phillips 3-4, Joey Votto 2-4, Jay Bruce 2-5, and Paul Janish 3-5. Great job with the wood guys.

The Sabres had the night off, giving the team some much needed rest. The Hurricanes won 3-0 to pull within two points of the Rangers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Quick Shout out to Rochester native Ryan Callahan ~ sorry to hear about the season ending broken leg. I love seeing you on the ice, except against the Buffalo Sabres. Best regards for a speedy and healthy recovery.

To my main point this morning, I'm not a political man by any means. I served my country in the U.S. Air Force, Persian Gulf Vet 90'- 91', and am damn proud of that fact. My main beef with the recent news about the pending government shutdown is in reference to our men and women in arms overseas. The shut down will in affect, cut off their paychecks and put their families at risk of having no financial stability. On the flip side of the coin, our federal politicians will still get their salaries, which in my opinion are too damn high. How can we, as Americans, allow or justify the cutting off our military members from their financial life line and watch our lazy, snobby, and self centered politicians get their monies. I say we need to throw out the current government, start fresh, and get some people in office that represent the everyday ordinary common man. Everytime I read or listen to our government woes and short comings, it makes me realize one thing, in this day and age an honest man cannot get a fair shake from any of our elected officials.

To quote Jim Garrison, "This is not the country, today, in which I was born, and is certainly not the country in which I want to die in."

Thanks all, I get a little edgy from time to time. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. You're edgy but fun. Debate can be interesting and part of what makes a good blog. (Finally got you linked on both my sites!)

    ReplyDelete