Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Double Dipping - Reds and Sabres

I've been sitting here trying to hold back my excitement for the past four hours. This time of the year is so awesome for my sports addiction. Baseball and Hockey are the best sports on the planet, hands down, no if ands or butts. From the beginning of Baseball spring training to the end of the Hockey Stanley Cup Playoffs, I get to watch or listen to both sports. Of course my two teams have not had much playoff success in the past few years, but that is all about to change.

The Sabres have been purchased by a true fan of the sport of Hockey, Terry Pegula. Since his ownership started, the vibe in all of Sabres Nation has been unbelievably awesome. Huge things to come for the Sabres organization, team, and fans in the next few years. Let me not jinx, but dare I say Sir Stanley in Buffalo not too far off in our future. Lets Go BUF-FA-LO!

The Reds are so full of exceptional young talented players, our cup runeth over. The vibe in RedLegNation has been overwhelming since mid way through the 2010 season. I'm not trying to be obtuse by this comment, but there was a funny feeling in all Reds fans this spring - EXPECTATION! The Reds have started this season off at a 3W-0L pace. I predicted earlier this spring the Reds would win 86-90 games and possibly win the NL Central in back to back years. That has not happened since the 75-76 Big Red Machine. We shall see what happens over the season, but I'm all about it.

Good Luck today Sabres & Reds. I'm with you through thick and thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment