Monday, August 27, 2012

My 1st Reds game in Great American Ball Park

Hey all. This little rant is about my pilgrimage to Cincinnati @ Great American Ball Park. I had a "Marvelous" (Billy Crystal voice) day.


Bob Laten is the owner of the In Between Tavern. I mentioned driving from NY, 9 hours about 500 miles, to see the Reds and he let me keep my car in his lot all day. Thanks Much Bob. You have a great place, Pete Rose/Reds stuff all over inside. I can honestly throw a ball from this place and hit the Stadium.
My first view of the GABP Stadium


My Pilgrimage to Reds Mecca GABP!

Larkin Weekend!


Johnny Bench Statue. This is at the entrance to the Reds HOF. Sparky Anderson Quote "I don't want to embarrass other catchers by comparing them to Johnny Bench."


This is Amy, we follow each other on twitter. I met her before the game by accident. It was her birthday Saturday. She has a wonderful family.


Nuxy. Nuff said.


Moerlein - this is in the floor of the Lager House. The building was built on the old Riverfront infield.
Pete Rose got a 9 minute standing ovation for hit #4192. His quote "I'm just like everyone else. I have two arms, two legs, and four thousand hits!"


The Reds cannot be affiliated with Pete Rose because of his lifetime ban from baseball. Well, the Reds org put a "Rose Garden" where Pete Rose hit his historical 4,192 hit. Take that MLB.


Me enjoying a couple 4oz beers at Moerlein, pre-game. Sporting my InTheGapShirts Cooperstown Larkin tribute shirt & Reds Stars & Stripes NewERA cap.


View of the Moerlein taps.


Standing in line to get into GABP for an hour and a half. I got the Commemorative Stein. It was hot as HELL and there was a ton of people waiting in the sun.


Amy got me my First Reds Game Certificate for being at GABP. Thanks much Amy.


This is a mini wiffle ball field for the kids. I had to ask to be allowed to play outfield! The kids let me too!! I made one catch and let the rest go, for the kids of course!!


Me as Gapper!


Pic says it all.


#11


#11 on the wall forever!


My seat view. It was perfect for this game. RF plays - BP's double, Bruce's Diving catch, Bruce HR, and BP HR to Right Center.


BBRRRUUCCEEEE


I see you JamieBlog - first row - 3rd seat - above the retired number wall. My enlarged pic does better justice!




The Stacks. I could hear Chuck D. and the crew all game. Good thing Carpenter wasn't with the Cardinals, there was smoke all day!!!


Jay Bruce made his diving catch where the divots are, look a bit above middle right of the pic. It was an Awesome catch.


Bruce hitting his BOMB!


Todd Father on the Jumbo Tron

Copy the below link to view the video highlights. I'm in two of the footage snipits!

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24210293&c_id=mlb


I tried to lighten my face - next to the score logo.


I have my Right arm up almost pointing directly at the ball in the corner, wearing #63. I was actually raising my arm yelling because of the great hit by BP. Beltran was busy.

 I didn't get to meet any of my Bro twitter followers.

My twitter lady followers represented very well. I met Amy & her family -  , Stephanie W. - , Ally - Steph's daughter, and Robin -  . I got to waive at Stephanie B. - @stephseesgreen,  from my seat to hers in Left Field!! It was awesome to meet you all.

I had an amazing time at GABP. I met some wonderful people, tried to sight see as much as possible, got to see #11 retired, saw several great defensive plays, two #Funkblasts, and the Reds won 8-2. The only way it could have been scripted better, was to see Sam LeCure #63 pitch. I was sporting my #63 Spring training Jersey and got a bunch of peeps asking me about it. I am definitely going to go back, next time my family is going with me, so we can all share these types of memories. I am still wound up from the game! Let's go Reds. #HuntforRedsOctober

Thanks all and Cheers from the Cheap Seats!

2 comments:

  1. very well written, I feel as though I was there, too! Glad you had fun Tony! from Tracy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time! If you make it back, I'm buying a round of cupcakes

    ReplyDelete