Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Humbled and Honored... A Day Which... Shawn Voelker

A day which still lives in infamy for me ~~~> November 10, 2011.

     So, to explain better -- My twitter friends Ronnie @BgRedRedemption and Kevin @InTheGapShirts (check this site out) are always on twitter and do a ton of cool charity work. They also create, design, and market sports apparel, which the proceeds go to charity. As you can tell, some really good guys.

     One day I read a tweet about a raffle for a @shawnvoelkercom original painting. (check him out) He was going to do a Sam LeCure picture. Me being a big Sam fan, I had to buy tickets. (I would have no matter what, it was for a great cause.) Shawn found out I bought more than just a few and did something very special. Shawn put my name in his painting. He mentioned that the name represents all Reds fans. (I hope to live up to that responsibility.)

Here is the original painting

You can't see my name in this image, but my name is upside down on the ball glove where the manufacturer label normally is stitched.

Here is a pic of my name

My twitter avatar background has not changed since that day. It never will again.

Sadly, I did not win the original painting. I did purchase a print, just need to get it framed.

Thanks Ronnie, Kevin, and Shawn - all I can say is AMAZING Gentlemen. One of my most prized memories in this Reds Fans life.

Thanks all and Cheers from the Cheap Seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment