Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stress, Issues, Changes, and Baseball

Good morning all.

     The last few weeks have been very hectic for my family and I. We recently moved into a new place and let me tell you this, If I ever have to move again, the stuff (junk) gets left behind and buy all new! One never realizes the belongings that accrue over time, until you have to pack all of it and move it somewhere else!!! Moving has to be one of the most stressful times in any persons life. Holy Moly!

     Seems lately the only escapes I have from stress are baseball and time with my sweetheart (some of you know my sweetheart). Baseball is all around me, from playing in a competitive fast pitch all wood bat league, to tweeting online about the Reds, to wearing baseball apparel seven days a week, and talking about something baseball related every waking day. It's everywhere, every day (look at my blog page!). I get lost in the games, sights, sounds, words, and all the stress just goes away.

      Lately, my companion and I have not been dealt well with the stress in our lives and that tends to send our conversations into arguments. Mostly because of my ODC and sometimes lack of good judgement. I know the old saying is "It's a two way street," but things are more my fault than hers. I'm not positive but maybe it's a midlife crisis, male menopause, or being hard headed. I'm going with hard headed. The hard thing about me is there is a part that always has to be right or always has to get a point across, even if that means not letting her express her opinion or view point. I know this frustrates her and not quite sure why I can't or won't change. So, the answer is yes, I'm hard headed.

     The long and short of this blog is that baseball will always be around me, it can't get up and leave. On the other hand, my companion can leave and will leave, if I don't do something soon to look hard and long to make changes to myself. I really do love her and care for her, it is never intentional to make her upset, but for some reason anything I say or do seems to end up just that way. Hopefully writing this blog will help me understand where I need to make changes and help our relationship. I better do it quick, or baseball will be the only thing I have and we all know that is not enough.


On a Reds side note, one of my twitter friends posted a great tweet this morning, hopefully he does not mind if I post it on my blog. He was right on the money.
http://twitpic.com/5cbabg

Thanks all, have a great day, and Cheers from the Cheap Seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment